Experienced Massachusetts Attorney Specializing in Estate Planning, Trusts, Estate and Gift Taxation, MassHealth, Special Needs, Probate and Elder Law
Since being established in 1996, the Law Offices of Brian E. Barreira have been aiding families and individuals throughout the South Shore of Massachusetts, as well as Plymouth, Norfolk, Bristol and Barnstable Counties, in the areas of estate planning, wills and trusts, probate, probate avoidance, elder law, MassHealth applications and fair hearings, guardianship, conservatorship, special needs, durable powers of attorney, estates, trusts, probate avoidance, capital gains taxation and estate and gift taxation. The transfer of real estate, business interests and other assets to the next generation is a common issue dealt with on a daily basis at the Law Offices of Brian E. Barreira. The taxation, governmental benefit and other legal issues involved in planning for disability or death can often be complex and interrelated, but Attorney Barreira uses his many years of experience to get you the effective results you are hoping for.
A long reputation of excellence
In the years since Attorney Barreira began practicing law, he has amassed numerous accolades from his peers. His thorough knowledge of Massachusetts probate laws, as well as federal and Massachusetts tax and governmental benefit laws, helps Attorney Barreira get favorable outcomes for his clients. Attorney Barreira is focused on helping you resolve your legal problems in an effective and cost-effective manner.
- AV-Rated – Among his many accolades, Attorney Barreira has since 1992 been AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest recognition possible in the legal industry, for his professionalism and ethics.
- Massachusetts SuperLawyer – Attorney Barreira is regularly recognized by his peers as a Massachusetts SuperLawyer, an honor bestowed on less than 5% of practicing lawyers.
- Certified Elder Law Attorney – Although Massachusetts does not recognize legal specialties for certification, since 1996 Attorney Barreira has been a Certified Elder Law Attorney. The certification was conducted by the non-profit National Elder Law Foundation, the only national organization accredited by the American Bar Association to certify attorneys in elder law.
- Masters of Laws in Taxation – In addition to a law degree, Attorney Barreira has an advanced law degree, an LL.M. in Taxation, awarded in 1990, and incorporates all relevant tax issues into his legal advice.
- Expert Witness – Attorney Barreira is called upon by other lawyers to serve as an expert witness in his fields of specialization. He is willing to testify against lawyers if he feels they have not done the right thing.
- Legal Writer – Attorney Barreira’s first major article, “An Irrevocable Grantor Trust Can Assure Eligibility for Medicaid,” published in the prestigious Estate Planning journal in 1989, was the first article published nationally about how to establish an irrevocable trust that worked for both Medicaid and capital gains tax purposes. Now that blogging makes information more easily accessible, he focuses on placing his thoughts about estate planning and elder law issues directly on the internet, and in recent years, his blogs, which include ElderLaw.info, MassHealth.info, EstateTaxation.info and PetTrust.info, have received well over 350,000 hits.
Contact Brian E. Barreira today
Call the office of Brian E. Barreira at 508-747-8282 to schedule an appointment today. He has offices conveniently located in Plymouth and Hingham, Massachusetts, so he is always easy to reach no matter where you live on the South Shore or Upper Cape.